Our goal is to make PocketCultures the place where people from all over the world come to share their culture and learn about other cultures. Why? Because talking to locals is a great way to understand other cultures, and because understanding other cultures helps to make the world a more friendly place.
To help reach this goal we are looking for regional contributor / editors. Are you passionate about global cultures and about sharing the culture of the region where you live? Can you contribute at least 1 post per month about your region to PocketCultures?
If so we’d love to hear from you.
Main responsibilities will be as follows:
1. Find key topics in your region and provide input to editorial direction
2. Write at least 1 post per month (cultural topics, blog reviews or blogger interviews)
3. Encourage readers to get involved
4. Help promote PocketCultures
You should be a native citizen or long-term resident of the region you would like to cover.
Meet the rest of the team here.
How to apply
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
– Introduce yourself and say which region you would like to cover;
– Why you are passionate about different cultures and whether you have exposure to different cultures outside your own;
– Why you would like to share the culture of your region;
– 2 examples of post ideas you think would be suitable for Topics of the World;
– An idea for Blogs of the World;
– A link to 2-3 examples of your writing. If you don’t have anything published online, please develop one of your Topics ideas into a post (150-250 words) and paste it into the bottom of the email.
Don’t worry if your English is not perfect, we can edit your posts if necessary. The important thing is to share the essence and insights about your culture.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!